Secure unattended decryption

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Mar 20 15:00:11 CET 2010

On 3/20/2010 8:41 AM, eggled at gmail.com wrote:
> Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but all I see are patents and research
> projects ongoing at IBM.

You're doing it wrong.  Keep searching.  I know there's at least one
paper readily findable in Google Scholar that tells you exactly how
BitLocker does it.

Most academics are incredibly vain types.  If an academic tells you that
he or she knows a paper exists, odds are good that's because he or she
either wrote it or contributed to it in a significant way.  Given this,
you might want to try doing a Google Scholar search on '"Robert J.
Hansen" encryption'.  Once you find a paper name and an author, try
Googling on that and see if the paper author doesn't have a free version
up available for download.

Basic research is a skill worth learning.  Good luck!