AW: AW: problem with german umlauts
ben at adversary.org
Sun Nov 14 23:33:24 CET 2010
On 15/11/10 7:01 AM, Reinhard Irmer wrote:
> I'm not so familiar with TB because my favourite client is
> 40tude-dialog, where everything works fine. I only tested the probs
> with TB to see,if there are differences in showing the characters. I
> had set the options in TB for incoming/outgoing msgs. to iso-8859-1;
> now I changed to utf-8 and now I will see, if problems getting
> solved with this. When I have results I'll tell you.
Cool, I just double-checked in a couple of other messages, one in this
thread and one in another list, and TB has no problem displaying
umlauts in both the body and in the headers (From field). The
characters checked were ö and ü. With UTF-8 it also has no problem
with most other characters incorporated in the unicode character set
(this can sometimes be affected by additions to unicode after the
release of the operating system or software used).
Somewhere around here I've got an auto-response to a mailing list in
Chinese with the Chinese characters in both the headers and the body.
In that case I was able to copy those characters into Google's
translation page (which is how I know it was an auto-response) and
paste my own translated response to it. All of this displayed fine in
Thunderbird, even though I didn't use the unicode codes when I entered
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 259 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Gnupg-users