Gpg4Win 2.0.4 with GnuPG 1.4.11??

Jerry gnupg.user at seibercom.net
Thu Nov 25 13:43:20 CET 2010

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:03:39 +0100
Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> articulated:

> And I used the WinZip support form to enter two issues, but there is
> absolutely no response! No good support in my view.

Interesting!

1) Are you a registered user of WinZIP; i.e. user of the commercial
version.

2) How long did you wait to receive a response? On a non critical
problem, and this was clearly not critical since you did get the
application installed, 6 -10 days is reasonable. I have submitted
reports to KDE and waited months without any resolution, but that is
another topic. In any case, since this is a holiday season in the USA,
I would reasonably expect a longer period of time on non critical
problems.

3) Were you attempting to run the self extractor as a privileged user?
I have seen the process die with other self extracting files in similar
cases, although they do usually give some sort of warning message.
Unfortunately, that message window is often behind the main window and
the user never checks for it. simple dismissing the main application
closes the secondary windows thereby leaving the end user clusless as
to the problem.

4) I assume you did check the system log files. What error message(s)
were entered?

Do you still have a copy of that self-extracting file that you were
unable to execute. Could you please send it to me. I would like to try
it on one of my systems and see what transpires. The one I downloaded
from the WinZIP site worked fine here.

One last thing, did you check your SPAM folder. GMail is notorious for
screwing up non-spam mail. I have heard of numerous occasions where
notices from WinZIP get stuck in there until listed the. A simple
"*@winzip.com" should work.

--
Jerry ✌
GNUPG.user at seibercom.net