OpenPGP card questions

Mukund Sivaraman muks at banu.com
Mon Oct 11 14:17:32 CEST 2010

Hi all

I just purchased 4 OpenPGP cards and am configuring one of them.
Everything is working perfectly so far.  I am using the Gemalto USB
Shell Token V2 as the reader device with PCSC-Lite.  You can see
pictures of it here: <https://www.mukund.org/>

1. There is a typo on the printed sheet supplied with the OpenPGP card.

2. When running gpg --armor --export-secret-key <card-key-id>, it
actually generates ---PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK--- output instead of an
error.  I had chosen not to make any backups when generating the key on
the card.  I asked about this on IRC and was told it might be a stub
containing the card ID, etc., but am looking for a more authoritative
answer (i.e., without the word `maybe') just to be sure.  :)

pgpdump says "Sym alg - Plaintext or unencrypted data(sym 0)", but this
cannot be an unencrypted key, right?  Is it a stub?  Is there any
method using which the private key can be recovered from the card?

		Mukund