Help with the --batch option...

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 27 10:26:27 CEST 2010

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:30, DKaraluz at TC3HEALTH.com said:

> We are running GPG 1.2.0 in production. We use it to decrypt all the

That one is an 8 years old version and this 1.2 series entered end of
life status 5 years ago.

> 1 - What do I need to do with gpg 1.4.11 so that it will decrypt pgp
> files in batch mode. With hundreds of files coming in daily it is just

>From the command lines you posted 1.2. was not able to do this either.
It might be that we chnaged something related to batch processing but
that was a bug fix then.

> so I don't know what was done with 1.2.0 to make it work fine with the
> --batch option.

Either no passpharse was set for the key or the option --passphrase-fd
was used.  What you can do is to remove the passphrase from the key or
use one of the options: --passphrase-fd, --passphrase-file or
--passphrase.

> 2 - What fix was applied to 1.4.11 that solved the issue I am having in
> 1.2.0, and is there an option I could pass to GNUPG 1.2.0 that would
> correct or work around the issue?

Too many changes over the years too quickly answer this.  Likey
candidates are:

  2010-06-18

	* parse-packet.c (skip_packet, parse_gpg_control): Take care of
	premature EOFs.  Backport from trunk.

  2009-05-05

	* parse-packet.c (parse): Remove special treatment for compressed
	new style packets.  Fixes bug#931.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner