No SmartCard Daemon

Astrakan gpgikaros at armax.se
Sun Apr 3 17:50:15 CEST 2011

Hello,

Im no expert in the card reader/card driver area but; Im also running
Linux Mint 9 with gpg2 and keys on smartcard.
Im not sure which card reader you have (I've got an Omnikey reader) but
in my case I pretty soon had to abandon
the CCID-driver (gpg built-in) in favor of PCSC. Try:

/apt-get install pcscd libpcsclite1/

You should find /usr/sbin/pcscd running when checking running processes.

/Astrakan