No SmartCard Daemon

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Sun Apr 3 21:05:25 CEST 2011

On 04/03/2011 07:24 AM, Paul R. wrote:
> gpg: OpenPGP card not available: No SmartCard daemon
>
> I searched my system for scdaemon, but it is not installed.  Also, I
> checked my PATH environment variable to make sure that the PATH was
> properly configured.  I guessed that, perhaps, scdaemon had been put
> into a package of its own.  With this in mind, I searched my package
> manager for the words _scd_ and _scdaemon_.  But the only thing that I
> found was a package called gnupg-pkcs11-scd.

For some reason debian-based software includes scdaemon in the gpgsm
package.

Part of me feels like this is a bug in the packaging, but I don't know
enough about debian packaging to file a bug report.  That, or I'm too
lazy...

--
-Grant

"Look around! Can you construct some sort of rudimentary lathe?"