No, it is not.

Thu Apr 28 15:11:37 CEST 2011

Am Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 14:49:30 schrieb Robert J. Hansen:
> On 4/27/11 4:19 PM, M.R. wrote:
> > For most individuals who really *need* (as opposed to those
> > that do it as a matter of ideology or principle) to protect
> > their communication, the need to keep confidential who is
> > communicating with whom is as important as is the protection
> > of the content.

> I doubt that most people who need
> confidentiality in their communications also need confidentiality in
> with whom they are communicating.

That's not what he wrote. My understanding of his argument is that with
increasing need of reliability of encryption the need for hiding the
communication partners increases.

I would add that above a certain level of encryption security or connection
hiding it probably becomes important to hide that you use this technology at
all (at least if you don't do it just for fun). Unpleasant people might have
wrong thoughts otherwise.

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814