Problem with faked-system-time option

Jerome Baum jerome at jeromebaum.com
Thu Jun 16 03:19:27 CEST 2011

>> There are two main reasons why I'm referring you to a lawyer:
>>
>> (a) to the extent I know some lawyers' strategies, I am generally
>>    not at liberty to talk about them, and
>> (b) to the extent I am at liberty to talk about the rest, I am
>>    not confident of my ability to present their methods correctly,
>>    due to the fact I haven't spent ten years learning all the
>>    intricacies of contract law
>>
>> Neither (a) nor (b) interferes with my confidence in the statement,
>> "contract lawyers are well-prepared for repudiating electronic documents."
>
> Does (b) not interfere? You either understand whether a strategy is
> valid or not, or you don't. At the very least, if you have any
> confidence in a strategy (that you are at liberty to talk about),
> you'd be able to give an overview, right? Otherwise, if you are not
> confident in your ability to present the strategy correctly, how can
> you be confident in your ability to understand and *evaluate* the
> strategy as to its correctness and success likelihood?

In fact, how about an analogy?

I have an algebra (in the high school sense) exam tomorrow. I have
prepared myself by developing the strategy: "answer every question
with '2 + 2 = 5'". I am prepared. However, I am badly prepared. If you
don't understand algebra, you can't know that. You can't know whether
I'm "well-prepared" or badly prepared, only that I am prepared in some
way.

--
Jerome Baum
tel +49-1578-8434336
email jerome at jeromebaum.com
web www.jeromebaum.com
--
PGP: A0E4 B2D4 94E6 20EE 85BA E45B 63E4 2BD8 C58C 753A
PGP: 2C23 EBFF DF1A 840D 2351 F5F5 F25B A03F 2152 36DA