timestamp notation @gnupg.org

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jun 28 16:00:50 CEST 2011

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:43, jerome at jeromebaum.com said:

> Why limit the choices to 0 and key creation time? How about just an
> option "--set-timestamp=<int>" that sets the timestamp? Is that easy
> to do?

It is some work because we need to figure out the lower limit for the
timestamp for each sign operation.  Consider that it is possible to sign
with several keys and in that case we better use the same timestamp for
each signature.  And a signature should never be older than the key or
newer than the expiration date.

You may want to add a feature request to the BTS.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner