timestamp notation @gnupg.org

MFPA expires2011 at ymail.com
Tue Jun 28 22:01:39 CEST 2011

Hi

On Tuesday 28 June 2011 at 2:36:55 PM, in
<mid:87tybahybs.fsf at vigenere.g10code.de>, Werner Koch wrote:

> particular I don't known what you mean by P1D.

ISO 8601 Data elements and interchange formats — Information
interchange — Representation of dates and times

P is the duration designator (historically called "period") placed at
the start of the duration representation.

D is the day designator that follows the value for the number of days.

So YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss/P1D is the period of one day starting from
YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.

See (for example) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

> So what about a simple option to create all created
> timestamps with a time of either 00:00:00 or the
> creation time of the key?

By "00:00:00" do you mean <today's date> 00:00:00? I like that, as it
doesn't broadcast detailed time management in the signature
timestamps. Somebody in a time zone an hour behind the signer's might
see <yesterday's date> 23:00:00, but that doesn't really matter IMHO.

The creation time of the key as the signature timestamp looks a good
option to me; simple and fairly obviously fake.

> I don't think that there is
> a point in having a flag indicating such a faked
> timestamp.

The user could indicate such with signature notations if they wished.
"timestamp-interval at example.com = P1D" would seem to fit the
"00:00:00" option. Maybe something like
"fake-timestamp at example.com = key creation time" for that option. Or
whatever they wanted, of course...

- --
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2011 at ymail.com

Dreams come true on this side of the Rainbow too!