how to find gnupg's DETAILS [was: Re: Non-interactive use of gen-key]

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Mar 4 16:24:56 CET 2011

On 03/03/2011 07:52 PM, MichaelQuigley at TheWay.Org wrote:
> I'm looking to automate key generation for gpg.  I found this link in the
> list archive:
> http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2007-February/030330.html The
> message suggests using the --batch option and either feeding parameters
> form stdin or from a file.  It also states, "Check out the file DETAILS.
> It should explain everything."  However, I can't find a DETAILS file in
> either the documentation or the uncompressed directory tree.

If you're using debian or a debian-derived operating system, DETAILS is
shipped in /usr/share/doc/gnupg/DETAILS.gz

If you download and unpack the source you should be able to find it in
there as doc/DETAILS.

You can also browse the source via gitweb and find it there:

http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gnupg.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/DETAILS

hth,

	--dkg