GPA File Manager

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 17 12:38:27 CET 2011

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 00:07, mail at mark-kirchner.de said:

> I've always perceived you as a free software advocate, but now at the
> same time you seem to try to deny others the freedom to discuss software
> alternatives on a public mailing list? And so, in the end, limit the

Most mailing lists have topics; this one is about GnuPG.

Despite that the GNU maintainer rules say that we shall not mention
proprietary software at all (one of the conflicts between the FSF and
Debian), it is okay for me to discuss interoperability issues and
similar things between proprietary and free implementations of OpenPGP
and S/MIME on the gnupg lists.  However, pointing users to a software
without mentioning that it is non-free software, deserves a comment.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner