windows binary for gnupg 1.4.11 // compilation instructions posted

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 21 10:58:00 CEST 2011

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 22:48, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> If I determine that my work PC and my home PC are both trusted systems,
> and I have a single USB stick containing my GnuPG installation and
> keyrings that I want to use on both, then I don't see the risk so long
> as that USB stick is never plugged into an untrusted machine.

That is right.  However you would only keep your data on the stick and
not the programs.  All systems these day have a package management
system, and those are better at program updates than doing it manually.

My point was that people very often talk about encrypted super secure
USB sticks which they put it into an arbitrary computer and believe that
the data and programs magically work secure this way.  They don't
consider that a "foreign" CPU is seeing everything they stored on the
stick.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner