Pseudonym (was Re: what is killing PKI?)

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Aug 28 15:55:44 CEST 2012

On 28/08/12 15:44, No such Client wrote:
> Surely, on a public, crypto mailing-list, with all sorts of interesting
> people, the idea of privacy would be understood no? real names or pseudonyms
> should be quite irrelevant.. Is it not the content that counts?

Yes, it indeed is the content that counts. Note that there are quite some
regular posters on this list also using pseudonyms. Nobody dismisses their
opinion based on that. You keep focussing on the mention of using a pseudonym,
whereas it was the actual /content/, all the name-calling and insults, of your
initial mail that triggered the dismissal of what you wrote.

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt