PGP/MIME use (was Re: META)

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Wed Feb 1 05:57:46 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 02:08:26PM -0500, Jean-David wrote in
<4F283C2A.6070102 at verizon.net>:
>Remco Rijnders wrote:
>
>> I appreciate signed mails on this list (and any other lists). Most
>> problems these days on the internet are, in my opinion, related to
>> people being completely anonymous. If you stand behind your words,
>> show so by signing your posts.
>>
>OK. I stand behind this post. But other than amusing myself, does it
>really make any difference?

To me it does some. Knowing that we know that you are really Jean-David
Beyer and that it probably is not a made up name, makes it far more likely
that you'll consider your words before posting them online and that it is
also less likely that you'd be trolling just for the fun of it.

Please note that I am in any way suggesting you'd be trolling otherwise,
but a properly signed post for which a trust path from my key to yours
exists does make a difference to me. A small one perhaps and you might not
find it worth signing your posts for my convenience / peace of mind, but
if you do sign it, I do appreciate it :-)