FAQ, take two

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Jun 4 03:40:02 CEST 2012

The unofficial FAQ is approaching completion.  At this point I think
it's about two-thirds done.  By this I mean most of the writing is
complete.  Every FAQ entry should have at least a couple of sentences of
text.  Some will have more, some less.

This FAQ is not meant to be a GnuPG tutorial, reference manual, or
HOWTO.  For that reason most of the FAQs about "how do I..." are really
just brief sentences listing commands that are useful, with the intent
being people will look those commands up in manuals, HOWTOs, manpages,
or whatnot.

I'm not interested in bikeshedding over grammar or word choices.  If I
let everyone on this list play editor then this FAQ will never get
completed.  For that stuff I've asked a couple of friends with good
technical writing skills to look over it, and their proposals are
probably going to get adopted.

What I *am* interested in, though, are content errors.  It is quite
likely I have a few in there, and maybe even a few howlers.  So please,
take a look and see what you think.

Also, if there are any questions you feel are missing, throw them out
too.  Thank you!

	http://keyservers.org/~rjh/gnupgfaq.xhtml