FAQ, take two

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Jun 5 13:24:54 CEST 2012

> The signer himself/herself should not upload the sign key block to a key
> server, or publish it in any other way, without the certificate's owner
> explicit authorization or request.

The new text reads,

"Finally, if you have elected to make a normal signature you may wish to
upload the newly-signed certificate to the keyserver network so that
other users may benefit from seeing your assurance of the certificate’s
authenticity. This may be done by typing gpg2 --keyserver
pool.sks-keyservers.net --send-key certificate ID. However, some people
consider it rude or offensive for others to upload their certificates
without their express permission. It may be worthwhile to check with the
certificate owner before doing this."

... Since the text is now relatively stable, it's time for me to begin
doing a detail pass.  As part of this, I'm going to be reorganizing the
text and layout.  If anyone has recommendations about this, please speak
up now.  With luck, we can have this thing to Werner by the end of the
week.  :)