can someone verify the gnupg Fingerprint for pubkey?

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Thu Jun 7 20:10:53 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Robert J. Hansen <rjh at sixdemonbag.org> wrote:
> Yes.  And there are doubtless a large number of people who really don't
> want to have to type in their new passphrase twice, too.  We make them
> do it anyway.

Yes, but that actually serves a purpose, it prevents people from
losing their key when they make a simple typo which is quite easy to
do. I'd consider this an important step.

> Objecting to it on the grounds of "I don't think it will cut down on
> inappropriate signatures," fine, maybe, yes, [...]

I think you're probably right, it would cut down on inappropriate
signatures and...

> assuming it can deliver, making people type 'y RETURN' in response to a
> simple question is hardly an onerous new requirement.  I'm having a hard
> time understanding your objection, honestly.

...yes, it's hardly onerous, but it's still one extra step that does
nothing for more advanced users (except perhaps when they haven't had
enough coffee early in the morning :) ).

Don't get me wrong I think it's a good idea but I also think that
(from a basic interface perspective) there should be a way to turn it
off. It's the equivalent of the "remember my selection" button that
should be on any dialog that's not performing something
mission-critical.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited