A Pact with the Devil

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Jun 8 22:23:21 CEST 2012

A fascinating paper just crossed my desk: Technical Report 666 from the
University of Cambridge's computer science department.  Although it has
no relevance to GnuPG, it is such a cunningly evil idea -- and presented
so clearly, without any sophisticated mathematics -- that I think many
people here will find it fascinatingly unsettling reading.  It's just a
matter of time until someone takes this (very slight parody) of an idea
and turns it into something disturbingly real...

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/techreports/UCAM-CL-TR-666.pdf