can someone verify the gnupg Fingerprint for pubkey?

Mark Rousell markr-gnupg at signal100.com
Mon Jun 11 08:46:44 CEST 2012

On 10/06/2012 15:03, Sam Smith wrote:
> I wasn't going to say anything, but I had no idea what Mr. Koch was
> talking about with that "finger" stuff. I studied his email and the
> email header looking for clues. Couldn't decipher what he meant.
>
>> Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 10:28:04 +0100
>> From: markr-gnupg at signal100.com
>> To: gnupg-users at gnupg.org
>> Subject: Re: can someone verify the gnupg Fingerprint for pubkey?
>>
>> On 07/06/2012 11:27, Werner Koch wrote:
>> > On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 21:54, peter at digitalbrains.com said:
>> >
>> > If you look at my OpenPGP mail header you will be pointed to a “finger”
>> > address - enter it into your web browser (in case you don't know what
>> > finger is) and you will see
>>
>> Just as an aside, I presume you are referring to this header line:

>> Do you know of any common modern browsers that have finger protocol
>> support built in? I wonder, how many people even have a finger client
>> installed (that their browser would be able to find)?

Finger protocol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_protocol

I think that Finger protocol support was removed from Firefox in V4 (or
even before). Not sure when it was removed from IE (or if it was ever
there).

To my great surprise, Windows has a native command line finger client
(still there in W7).

--
MarkR

PGP public key: http://www.signal100.com/markr/pgp