Problem with omnikey cardman 4040

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Jul 14 17:56:33 CEST 2013

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 11:01, lorenz.wenner at fsfe.org said:

> I have the omnikey cardman 4040 pcmcia cardreader in my Notebook and
> want to use it with gnupg. Imho all requirements are met:

I assume you use a modern card which allows for 2048 bit keys.  You are
out of lick: All Omnicard based readers work with such cards unless you
use Windows.  There is a workaround in gpg which sometimes help to get
something done with this reader but it is not reliable.

> gpg: DBG: ccid-driver: failed to open `/dev/cmx0': Device or resource busy
> gpg: DBG: ccid-driver: failed to open `/dev/cmx1': No such file or directory

Another tool is using the reader.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner