Fwd: Goldbug.sf.net - Secure Multi-Crypto-Messenger v0.1 released

Caro 32bitfloat at posteo.de
Sat Jul 27 10:55:55 CEST 2013

Well, as I can't find a statement neither of the EFF nor of the CCC
related to this program, instead found a review [1] on sourceforge which
indicates that the CCC has no idea of it, I'm highly sceptical about
this.
It does not have to be a a bad software, though. But picking big names
to push forward a software won't let me trust it.
Secondly, if PRISM was the intention to create a new secure messenger (I
would interpret the description in this way), they couldn't have
accomplish the creation of a new program in this short time.
Third, I cannot imagine "a kind of PGP". Is it PGP? Is it GPG?
Additionally, Echo seems to be not more than a simple debugging protocol
for chat clients.

So, in conclusion, I did not looked at the code, but the desription
seems to be just salted with some nice keywords to catch attention. I
would keep my hands of that.

[1]:http://sourceforge.net/projects/goldbug/?source=navbar#project-reviews