Keyring on external encrypted drive

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu May 23 16:23:59 CEST 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013 12:17, zece at riseup.net said:

> But I recall that both on Fedora and Debian I had trouble using GnuPG
> 2.x and I went back to 1.x. When I want to use a key, GnuPG pops up a

That most likely reason is that you use gnome and gnome-keyring pretends
to be gpg-agent.  You can change the configuration of gnome-keyring to
not emulate gpg-agent.

> wallet. Either with KeePass way of entering data, or by copy and paste I
> was unable to feed the beast my 64 char string of random letters,
> numbers and signs. And doing that by hand sure takes the fun out of it.

In another thread I just mentioned this pseudo-security behaviour.  Even
the most trivial keylogger will then be able to sniff your passphrase.
But well, keyloggers are not trivial anymore, thus you are doomed
anyway.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner