./configure ...error

Yahoo tytower at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 02:31:03 CEST 2014

I am trying to install GnuPg

I have the latest libgpg-error installed and have tried with various libraries from 1.11 up. I still get the below error message  on all of them .

The script seems to look for " gpg-error-config"  script and I have checked and found it where it should be and the system can find it OK but the configure script appears not to recognise it

Any help appreciated

***
*** You need libgpg-error to build this program.
**  This library is for example available at
***   ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libgpg-error
*** (at least version 1.11 is required.)
***
configure: error:

configure: error:
***
*** Required libraries not found. Please consult the above messages
*** and install them before running configure again.
***

--
Yahoo <tytower at yahoo.com>