some -- are broken in the HTML FAQ

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Nov 9 02:49:24 CET 2014

(On from my tablet)

What you're looking at is called an em dash (or an en; the FAQ uses both) and is typographically correct. Two hyphens are how people used to simulate an em dash in the ASCII days. Unicode offers proper hyphens, en dashes and em dashes, though, so the FAQ uses them.

The remark about imminent heat death is also correct.