[Announce] The maybe final Beta for GnuPG 2.1

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Oct 3 18:39:54 CEST 2014

On Fri,  3 Oct 2014 17:40, pete at heypete.com said:

> make -f build-aux/speedo.mk native
>
> it does quite a bit, but always seems to spit out the following errors
> and fails to complete. The bit about gnutls is non-critical for me,
> but it'd be nice to resolve it. The "required libraries not found"

That is easy: Install the libgnutls-dev package.

> error seems to be a showstopper, though.

> configure: error:
> ***
> *** Required libraries not found. Please consult the above messages
> *** and install them before running configure again.
> ***

You should see other warning messages in the config log which tells you
which library is missing.  You should find the full config long in
PLAY/build/gnupg/config.log.  My guess is that there is some problem
with libiconv which is expected to exist. It is usually part of glibc
but you need to install the development package.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner