GnuPG 2.1.3 Fails to Compile OS X

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Apr 23 03:39:25 CEST 2015

On 04/22/2015 04:22 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 21:35, ben at adversary.org said:
>
>> en at quot.po:54: 'msgid' and 'msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
>> en at quot.po:58: 'msgid' and 'msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
>
>> but no need to paste them all in); obviously the cause is somewhere
>> in those sed or make rules.  I'm just not certain of the right place
>
> That script (po/quot.po) did not changed for more than a decade.  I
> guess your sed is broken (did you recently update it)?

I think that there is a minor GnuPG problem here (not MacOS).

I haven't located the bug yet, but I could see the problem of
en at quot.po, when I build with git repo having old en at quot.po.

Note that in the release, we have po/en at quot.po which is correctly
updated and po/en at quot.gmo which is correctly generated.

In the git repo, we have an entry of po/en at quot.po in the .gitignore,
so, I think that it is not maintained in the repo.  When a developer
happens to have old po/en at quot.po, it will be merged by msgmerge and
it would result fuzzy entries with mismatches of newline.

For me, removing po/en at quot.po (so that it will be rebuild from
gnupg2.pot), it works fine.