Card reader success report (openpgp card v2.1)

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Fri Aug 7 23:38:40 CEST 2015

Hello,

as my first post to the list I wanted to write a little success report
about using the openpgp card v2.1 with various smart card readers.

Three readers were tested:
- Cherry ST-2000
- SCM SPR332
- Reiner SCT cyberjack go plus

gnupg2 versions used: 2.1.6 and git HEAD (5b7a80b)

All three of them support pin entry via the keypad. I've first
tested signing a file using a 2048 bit RSA key. All good.

After that I generated a new 4096 bit RSA key via the Cherry ST-2000
as that was the most fragile one from the internal protocol point of view.
(increased buffer sizes and other tweaks in the CCID code)

All three card readers handle 4096 bit RSA keys without trouble.
I've tested signing a file and ssh authentication.

My thanks go to NIIBE Yutaka for fixing the Cherry ST-2000.

Best regards,
Thomas