MIME or inline signature ?

des-apare.cido_77 at autistici.org des-apare.cido_77 at autistici.org
Fri Feb 13 07:04:19 CET 2015

> Maybe I cannot offer a big rule for THE preferred way. Jerry is
> right, but maybe we HAVE to deal with recipients who have no
> influence to take a mail client which is capable to handle PGP/MIME
> sigbatures properly. Then it is also MY problem.

I agree. With my PGP contacts I learned, that some can't handle
PGP/MIME mails. The experience is, that the Addon Mailvelope (Firefox,
Chrome) can't handle at all mails with attachment in PGP/MIME format.
Also the Client K9 for smartphones.
A compromise would be to set up per-recipient-rules in Enigmail to
send inline mails to these contacts.

Best regards

Anton
- --
des-apare.cido_77 at autistici dot org
2048R/0x6FE6F0B56FB0CD78, 2014-03-06
PGP: E87B D4A1 45A6 8D97 F672 E50E 6FE6 F0B5 6FB0 CD78