PGP and BeID

gabriel rosseel gabriel.rosseel at telenet.be
Thu Jan 1 17:25:51 CET 2015

Besides Mozilla Thunderbird (v31.3.0) en Enigmail (1.7.2) I installed
GpG4Win (2.2.3) in order to encrypt/sign emails.
Works like a charm (no pun intended).
The only problem I have is that, when I try to open the "Manage Smartcard"
option in Enigmail, I receive an error saying that the smartcard is not
supported (gpg: OpenPGP card not available: Not supported).

As smartcard I use my Belgian EiD card with the the ACR38U as cardreader.
Additional software installed:
1. middleware (4.0.7 7453)
2. OpenPGP Smartcard Minidriver (OpenPGPmdrv-1.0.0.0)
Works also a like a charm.

As OS I use Windows 8.1 64bit

I suspect that the OpenPGP software is the culprit and doesn't support
my smartcard.

Is this correct and can I do something to make it work?