The praise of GnuPG @31C3

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Jan 2 01:31:51 CET 2015

> What I'm looking for is some sort of concrete information about "When ssh is configured <this way> the NSA can break it." I've seen quite a few sites make the claim that "zomg, ssh is broken!" but haven't yet seen any specifics.

First, my usual reminder: don’t focus on the three-letter Voldemort.  The world is a bigger place than that and there are lots of threats, including many non-government actors.

Second — I suspect those who know won’t tell, and those who claim to know will steadfastly refuse to demonstrate it.  Which tells you nothing you didn’t already know, I’m sorry.  :(