Craft public key so that private key equals given string (my password)?

sben1783 sben1783 at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 2 13:14:26 CET 2015

 Hi all,

 maybe this question is completely stupid and only shows I didn't
 understand anything about encryption, but anyway I'm really curious:

 I want to store some of my private files encrypted on my NAS. Until
 now, I'm using --symmetric for encryption with a (think so) strong
 password that I can remember. Now I want to make this "process" more
 robust and more user-friendly - I don't want to enter my password every
 time I'm encrypting a file. I want to sort of store the password in a
 short script so that I just type "my_gpg /foo/bar/" and it gets done
 without further input from me.

 Yes, I know I shouldn't store my password in a script;-) Acutally I
 don't want to store it anywhere. Also I don't want to depend on a
 private key that is stored somewhere. What I'd like to do is: create a
 public key so that the corresponding private key equals my given
 password. I could store that public key in my script and, for
 decryption, just enter my remembered password as I do it with the
 --symmetric option I'm currently using.

 Does this make any sense? Is it possible or did I miss some other way
 to achieve my goal (no password for encryption, no private key for
 decryption)?

 Thanks
 Ben

 P.S.: I also don't really want to set up a password agent on every
 machine I want to encrypt files on.