Craft public key so that private key equals given string (my password)?

Ben Staude sben1783 at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 2 15:13:53 CET 2015

[...]

> Hi,
>
> you can use the asymmetric variant: Generate a encryption key pair, store the
> private key on your save place and the public key on your computer. Then you
> can encrypt files without any password and decrypt them using your private key.
>
> Dies this describe your purpose, except the fact you don't want an extra
> private key? But think of the meaning of symmetric encryption: This meas, both
> keys are the same and there is no difference between the private and public
> key. So AFAIK you can't get around using an asymmetric key pair.

I'm ok with asymmetric encryption as this will AFAIK be the only way to
get rid of entering the password for every encryption. But as I
mentioned I don't want to depend on a private key stored somewhere, but
I'd like to use my password as the private key. I would need a keypair
where the public key is some I-don't-care-ascii-bulk, but the private
key is exactly my password.

Ben