Thoughts on Keybase

Sandeep Murthy s.murthy at mykolab.com
Wed Jan 7 03:55:50 CET 2015

Hi

I like the idea of Keybase, although it may appear ironic
that an application designed to encourage people to
protect their privacy by using encryption more widely
and accessibly may require the storage and public
monitoring of digital identity records.

I think it shows there must be give and take - if you want
complete privacy you can go and hide in a bunker completely
cut off from the external world.  But if you have any desire
to communicate with others then you have to be willing to
give up the that little bit of your public identity which you want
other people to know is genuine, in order to protect your
private communications.

Sandeep Murthy
s.murthy at mykolab.com