gpg-connect-agent querying max-cache-ttl

Rob Fries Rob.Fries at ascensus.com
Fri Jan 9 21:24:39 CET 2015

Hi,

I have done a lot of searching and have not found much to cover my use case. Please direct me to any previous discussions if there are any!

Basically, I have stand alone system where files are automatically encrypted and decrypted for processing. This is currently setup using quintuple-agent, but we want to use something which is maintained.
I am looking to use gpg-agent to store the passphrase, which is entered using gpg-preset-passphrase. This all works perfectly other than max-cache-ttl removing the passphrase.

I am looking for a way to query the max-cache-ttl  time for gpg-agent so I can have an alert as this time approaches.
This will give me a heads up before I need to enter a passphrase with gpg-preset-passphrase so it can be planned for an optimal time.

I know there are ways to query some information from gpg-agent with gpg-connect-agent, but I have not found any central documentation on how to query this.

Let me know if there are any questions and thanks!
-Rob

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including attachments, is intended to be viewed only by the addressee. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is lost by any transmission error. This message may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or disclose such information for any purpose except as permitted by law. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission. If you are not an intended recipient, or if you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and permanently remove the original message and any copies from your computer and all back-up systems.