gpg-connect-agent querying max-cache-ttl

Rob Fries Rob.Fries at ascensus.com
Mon Jan 12 22:26:56 CET 2015

> Have you considered these two options:

> 1) gpgconf says the ttl is a 32-bit unsigned number. Have you tried entering the value 4294967295 and making a mental note to rethink that strategy when your system reaches an uptime of more than 136 years? (I got the impression you didn't have ttl issues with your current solution, so I inferred this might be because it doesn't expire).

You are correct, ttl is not a current issue, and a high setting is something we are considering . ( thanks for the max value! :) )

> 2) You say you preset the passphrase with gpg-preset-passphrase. Have you considered writing a wrapper script that does nothing but call gpg-preset-passphrase and write a timestamp in some file? The actual ttl can then be computed from the timestamp and the gpgconf output.

Hmm... I hadn't considered my own time stamp file exactly, but that is another solution we could certainly use. We already have a wrapper, so it would be simple to add.

> This might help you out without needing a feature that indeed isn't present AFAIK.

Thanks!
-Rob

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including attachments, is intended to be viewed only by the addressee. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is lost by any transmission error. This message may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or disclose such information for any purpose except as permitted by law. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission. If you are not an intended recipient, or if you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and permanently remove the original message and any copies from your computer and all back-up systems.