Crypto device where I need to confirm every operation?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Jan 23 02:20:39 CET 2015

On Thu 2015-01-22 16:28:06 -0500, NdK wrote:
> I proposed to add a button to FST-01 ages ago (IIRC it still was just a
> project on Seeedstudio...), as "user presence test", and am having a
> look at implementing it. But I received the programmer too late and now
> I have a more demanding (and really high priority!) project: my son! :)
>
> But I'll try to implement it, even if really slowly.

Awesome.  the expansion port should be usable for wiring up the button:

http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/FST-01#Extension_port_of_VDD.2FGND.2FPort0.2FPort1

We might also want an independent LED to signal that the "user presence
test" is demanded -- so that LED indicators for device activity aren't
confused with the request for user presence.

I haven't looked into what it will take to make the "user presence test"
a part of the signing process, though.  Maybe NIIBE Yutaka can chime in
about the best way to do that?

      --dkg