Ohhhh jeeee: can't encode a 512 bit MD into a 608 bits frame

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 20 12:24:25 CEST 2015

On Tue, 19 May 2015 23:18, philip.jackson at nordnet.fr said:

> A couple of days' later, I wanted to look at my public keyring contents so I
> entered :  gpg2 -k    and the listing stopped short with the following :
>
> gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: can't encode a 512 bit MD into a 608 bits frame

gpg tried to verify a key signature and ran into that problem.  Of
course it should not abort here.  It would be helpful if you can you
figure out which key causes the problem.  Maybe the key shown last or
the one which would be shown next.  Running with "--debug 64" might give
some hints.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner