Can the NSA Crack GnuPG

Lachlan Gunn lachlan at twopif.net
Tue Feb 23 15:17:13 CET 2016

By a weird freak of coincidence I am currently writing some code to
simulate this type of experiment.

It doesn't break relativity, rather (roughly speaking) it shows that
quantum measurements cannot be predetermined unless you have FTL or some
kind of non-local theory that predetermines the random numbers that you
are going to take.

There are various potential flaws in this type experiment that might let
you have your cake---relativity---and eat it too---no quantum
randomness.  These experiments have been done for many decades, and over
time they have chipped away at the various flaws, requiring any
hidden-variable theory to become increasingly perverse.  This one claims
to be completely free of such issues.

But I'm not the greatest expert in this, so don't try to read too much
into what I just said.

Thanks,
Lachlan