GPGME-if gpg is necessary

Antony Prince antony at blazrsoft.com
Wed Jul 20 07:38:25 CEST 2016

On 7/20/2016 1:25 AM, yuriping at sohu.com wrote:
> Hi, Sir
>
> What I want to know is if gpg is necessary when I invoke
> GPGME in a C-program, or my program can run independently with "gpg".

As far as I understand it, yes. If you use GPGME, gpg is also necessary
since GPGME is an interface to access the functions of gpg. You can do
this directly with your program and gpg without GPGME, but it would
likely be fairly cumbersome which is why GPGME came about. That's merely
my understanding of it and I could be wrong.

--

Antony Prince

Key ID: 0xAF3D4087301B1B19
Fingerprint: 591F F17F 7A4A A8D0 F659  C482 AF3D 4087 301B 1B19