configure warnings and errors upon ./configure for Pinentry v0.9.7

David Adamson davidadamson.md at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 07:44:51 CET 2016

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 4:16 AM, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

>> configure: error: No pinentry enabled.
>
> You need to install the appropriate development package for the GUI
> platform.
>

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>    Werner
>
> --
> Die Gedanken sind frei.  Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.

Werner was GTK+-2.0 a potential option for an appropriate development
package for the GUI platform?

After installing GTK+-2.0 I was successfully able to complete the
install of pinentry, However during the --gen-key process while
generating entropy I got the following errors:

We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
gpg: lookup_hashtable failed: Unknown system error
gpg: trustdb: searching trust record failed: Unknown system error
gpg: Error: The trustdb is corrupted.
gpg: You may try to re-create the trustdb using the commands:
gpg:   cd ~/.gnupg
gpg:   gpg --export-ownertrust > otrust.tmp
gpg:   rm trustdb.gpg
gpg:   gpg --import-ownertrust < otrust.tmp
gpg: If that does not work, please consult the manual

So with one issue solved now on to the next.  I'm sorry but this can't
be right. Anyone know why I am running into so many issues?