:-(( Re: smart card no longer works

Stephan Beck stebe at mailbox.org
Sun Sep 11 19:49:00 CEST 2016

Philip Jackson:
> On 10/09/16 20:56, Stephan Beck wrote:

> It looks like I got the process of moving to a new installation wrong.
> So I am in need of a precise process description to start again and do
> it correctly.

Which type of smartcard do you have? Which gnupg versions were installed
on the the old system and with which of it did you generate keys?

It might be possible, though, that the error is somewhere else, so you
may gather more information first using gpg with the --debug-level
expert option, and checking the BTS (and the smartcard's support site)
to rule out other causes.

Cheers,

Stebe