Using the OpenPGP Card on Unix && Win7

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 15 12:19:30 CET 2017

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 09:06, guru at unixarea.de said:

> Before digging into all the details by my own and esp. because in Windows I'm only a
> DAU(*), is there some step by step guide to configure the OpenPGP Card in
> Windows and using the files from the GNUPGHOME on FreeBSD in Windows?

Actually you could copy the entire GNUPGHOME to the respective Windows
directory.  The name of the lock files and some temporary files are
different but that does matter.  "gpg --version" (or "gpgconf
--list-dirs") shows you the standard home directory on Windows.

If you only want to copy some keys, you can use the same procedure you
would use between Unix boxes.

Kleopatra's card manager is pretty basics.  If you don't like it you can
use the one in gpa (which can optionally be installed), or just resort
to the command line.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner