Chance to get --with-agent-s2k-calibration=MSEC into stable branch?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Dec 11 18:21:35 CET 2018

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 09:28, fkater at posteo.net said:

> from September 2017 for configure.ac that allows to circumvent a
> huge performance regression with gnupg v2 keys in some contexts.
>
> This commit is not in stable though.

Right.  The bug was closed so we forgot about it.  Thanks for the
reminder.

> I am not familiar with the process how commits get selected for
> inclusion into the stable branch.  Is there a chance that it will

I pushed it to 2.2 and also added a new runtime option --s2k-calibration
which allows to set the calibration time between 1ms and 60s at
runtime.  A SIGHUP will also trigger a re-calibration.

> internally by postgresql where there is no agent, so the security
> calibration / delay of 100 MESC is applied to every single
> decryption call.  Refer to my original posting and the explanation

You should however make sure that an agent is started only once and not
terminated after each operation.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner