Breaking changes

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed May 23 16:04:36 CEST 2018

> What I percieve a lot in this thread are variations of "I wanna stay in
> bed for five more minutes mommy". I wonder if Werner and Robert should
> charge 5 EUR for every incident of whining to secure some funds?

First, I am in *no way* important to GnuPG's future.  I maintain a FAQ,
field questions, and for the last couple of weeks have been a PR flack.
Many other people do more for GnuPG than I do, and Werner does the most.
 Please, keep that in mind.  :)

Second, 1.4 isn't requiring huge resources to maintain -- it's a fairly
small drain.  But when problems occur, suddenly we have to track them
down, fix them, test them, and release them in two branches, not one.
So it's when dev time is most important -- security problems -- that the
continued existence of 1.4 is most taxing.  Just a thought to consider.