[OT] Where can I find some papers to read on mail (and envelope) security?

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Feb 1 09:58:45 CET 2019

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 21:36:15 +0100, Michael Kesper wrote:

Hi Michael,

> On 30.01.19 16:33, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > Interesting topic, which i am interested in as well. I started, as German
> > citizen, to use also epost Brief and De-Mail a while ago, when
> > communicating sometimes with friends, because i like those paid
> > services much more than the classical email PGP combo.
>
> You know that you use snake oil then?
> These services decrypt your e-mails to "protect you against viruses" [0].

It does not matter to much for me. My threat model is not so high and if i
like to do so i can encrypt my mail and run it through codegroup.

And with De-Mail people can put an OpenPGP pub key in their directory,
so that people can get the pub key from there, regardless of which
De-Mail service provider they use.

P.S. We should get back on topic from the OP, on how to send securely
OpenPGP letters / postcards via regular mail.

If one googles for the string "encrypted postcards" there are many
links shown, from people who did that in the early 20th century. :-)

Best regards
Stefan