OpenPGP on paper (was: Where can I find some papers to read on mail (and envelope) security?)

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Feb 1 17:37:51 CET 2019

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 21:50:06 +0100, Stefan Claas wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 21:23:56 +0100, Peter Lebbing wrote:
>
> > On 30/01/2019 20:44, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > > But which one ... ;-) I may check this again with a friend.
> >
> > Well there are the classical options:
> > <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCR-A>
> > <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCR-B>
> >
> > Debian provides free fonts like that as packages fonts-ocr-a and
> > fonts-ocr-b, which come from:
> > <http://sourceforge.net/projects/ocr-a-font>
> > and
> > <http://ansuz.sooke.bc.ca/fonts.php>
>
> Thanks, i will take a look!

O.k. just did some tests again with old .pdf's containing images
of scanned text and then also used a jpeg image (small resolution)
with the free tesseract.

Tesseract did not do a good job, to many errors.

Then i googled a bit and ... Google can do it.

According to a youtube video you need a gmail account, upload to
Google Drive and then from there open the image or pdf with
Google Docs, which does imho the best job i have seen do far.

I will do more tests, once time permits.

Regards
Stefan