OpenPGP on paper (was: Where can I find some papers to read on mail (and envelope) security?)

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Feb 1 19:44:34 CET 2019

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 17:53:09 +0100, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> It is a bit of a hack - and quite setting specific for us - but we’ve been using
>
> 	https://github.com/dirkx/gpg-offline-batch-key- <https://github.com/dirkx/gpg-offline-batch-key->
>
> and had to occasionally recover keys (every few years or so).
>
> Typical output below.

Thanks for the info! I had a quick look at the source code and
as understood it uses QR-Codes, which i have played also in
the past with.

However, i am currently interested in using codegroup armor
so that it can be printed too and then read properly (hopefully)
with OCR solutions.

Maybe a bit old fashioned, but worth a try imho, because
in case OCR fails one could type it in manually, if its are
short encrypted messages.

Regards
Stefan