OpenPGP on paper (was: Where can I find some papers to read on mail (and envelope) security?)

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Fri Feb 1 20:01:58 CET 2019

On 1 Feb 2019, at 19:44, Stefan Claas <sac at 300baud.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 17:53:09 +0100, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
>
>> It is a bit of a hack - and quite setting specific for us - but we’ve been using
>>
>> 	https://github.com/dirkx/gpg-offline-batch-key- <https://github.com/dirkx/gpg-offline-batch-key->
>
> However, i am currently interested in using codegroup armor
> so that it can be printed too and then read properly (hopefully)
> with OCR solutions.

Yes - if you look at the next  pages in the example - that is what is being done there.

With specific care taken to minimise what one has to enter.

So one can either OCR the written text, use the QR code or enter it by hand.

Over the years we've come to rely on this a lot - and regularly had to resort to manual entry or OCR ing of the numbers.

Dw.